United Nations of the Auroran Continent
|Motto||Unum pro omnibus, omnes pro uno|
|Predecessor||Auroran Continental Assembly|
|Founder||June 25, 2018|
|Founded at||Aura, Emberwood Coast|
|Legal status||Non-profit organisation|
|Headquarters||Aura, Emberwood Coast|
|Jump to this section|
Speaker of the Auroran Parliament
Chief Justice of the Auroran Court of Justice
|Subsidiaries||Jump to this section|
|Affiliations||Auroran Central Bank|
The United Nations of the Auroran Continent (abbreviated as the UNAC) is a multilateral organization comprised of countries in Aurora. It was formed in December 2017 at the end of the Auroran Reunification Summit when the Charter of the United Nations of the Auroran Continent was passed by the founding members following negotiations facilitated by Emberitian President Nimona Poole. With the continent divided by the Auroran-Pacific War and the subsequent secession of the Allied states from the Auroran Continental Assembly (ACA) to form the Auroran Union (AU). Craving peace, the nations acceded to the union resisting the urge for reparations but conceding to concessions for insular states.
The alliance consists of trade agreements, a military pact, and integrates its member nations. Unique among international organizations of the Urth, it is considered a sui generis institution eschewing the boundaries of an alliance and a supranational government. The legislative branch of the UNAC consists of the Council of the UNAC and Auroran Parliament. The latter passes non-binding resolutions and approves legislative proposals and the former has power over security issues. The Commission of the UNAC , which forms the administrative branch, reports to and is appointed by the UNAC legislature. It is headed by the President of the UNAC Commission and the senior-most political figure in the organization is Lara Tarasovna, former Speaker of the Zedakhli of Tuvaltastan. The Auroran Court of Justice resolves disputes between member states and applies and interprets the Agreements and acts of the UNAC that comprise Auroran law. The Auroran Security Agency in Dragonia and the Auroran Monetary Fund fall within the authority of the UNAC. Although not part of the UNAC, the Auroran Central Bank is closely affiliated with the UNAC.
The end of the Auroran-Pacific War left substantial economic damage, loss of life and the decimation of the Pan-Auroran thought that had shaped the continent. On 17 September 2017, the Oan Isles urged several Auroran nations to leave the ACA as the Oans felt that the ACA betrayed the Auroran people by failing to prevent the war and that remaining in it with their enemies was unacceptable and sent a draft Charter of the Auroran Union. Following announcements by Tivot and by Tuvaltastan that they were leaving the ACA, the Oan Isles followed suit. With the wounds of the war still fresh, some Allies were amenable to leaving and starting afresh. Nevertheless opinions were divided and consensus around reforming the ACA or leaving to start a new organisation was lacking.
On 18 September 2017, a conference was held in Sani Bursil, Staynes, Great Morstaybishlia, to which the Oan and Morstaybishlian governments invited Tivot, Tuvaltastan and Blueacia to discuss the formation of the Auroran Union and the establishment of its key institutions. Presided over by Tipene Rahua, former Oan Ambassador to the ACA. Tuvaltastan, Blueacia, Axdel and the Yor Isles nominated Lara Tarasovna, Pearson Lagonus, Lancer-Valentine Jolva, and Ivakina Frosya Savelievna to the position of Secretary-General of the Auroran Union (which Pearson Lagonus won). From the outset, the AU was faced with gaping fissures. For instance, in its ascension letter, Axdel, specifically proclaimed its right to leave. It struggled to muster public support due to the perception of Oan and Morstaybishlian political dominance. At the outset, there were massive protests in Sani Bursil against the move, calling for the AU to be abandoned. Failure to secure Dragonia's and Emberwood Coast's membership, strategic Auroran countries, doomed the prospects of legitimacy and stability that the AU desperately needed. Thus, it was easy for member states of the short-lived AU to heed President Nimona Poole's calls for reunification and reform.
FoundingOn 21 November 2017, President Nimona Alistair Poole of Emberwood Coast invited global nations to attend the International Conference of Demilitarisation and Disarmament. Member states of the Auroran Union and the Auroran Continental Assembly were asked to attend. The event began on 26 November 2017. Although the event was aimed at nations of the continent of Aurora, representatives from other nations asked and were allowed to attend. At the time, the purpose of the event was to encourage peace across the Urth. Given that the Auroran-Pacific War affected the entire world to varying degrees, the organisers felt that it was appropriate for all nations to attend. Some nations expressed their misgivings about the event. For instance, the former Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Oan Isles, Locklyn Le Roy, told the Emberitian president that the decision to invite dictatorial states (a thinly veiled allusion to the Axis nations) would dilute the purpose of the event and render its outcomes futile. Nevertheless, all the member states of the ACA and AU as well as external nations such as Kuthernburg, Tretrid, South Hills, East Cerdani, Vekaiyu and Lokania attended. The provisional governments for Sarentria and Durentria were also present.
The conference covered a number of issues such as nuclear disarmament and chemical weapons, but it involved discussion on the reconciliation of the former Axis nations who remained in the ACA and the former Allied nations who formed the AU. Lara Tarasovna, former Speaker of the Zedakhli of Tuvaltastan and incumber President of the UNAC, was the first political leader to explicitly call for the establishment of the UNAC and is credited with coining its name. Axdel, and Great Morstaybishlia supported the call, but the Oan Isles drew the attendees to concerns enumerated in an Oan government white paper on Auroran reunification. Issues highlighted included conflicted ideologies, lack of financial reparations and retribution for the Axis powers, and the geographic, political, economic and social issues that would make reunification problematic for the Oan Isles. Sarentria and Durentria strongly opposed reparations as had been instigated by the Republic of Ethalria and the Matriarchy of Ethalria and thus, they, along with Faethalria, Vothetria, Kothalria and Thalria should not bear responsibility for actions perpetrated by those governments. Most other countries especially Great Morstaybishlia supported the Ethalns. Some countries like Dragonia agreed with the special exclusions for island nations from UNAC treaty provisions. Nevertheless, the nations agreed to establish the UNAC. They agree to the special exclusions for island nations, but refused to acknowledge the reparations and retributions. Thus, the UNAC was established by December 2017 and its bodies were formally constituted on in July 2018 and its first President, Lara Tarasovna, was elected on 20 July 2018.
On 30 January 2019, Eric Schumacher, a Kostoro-Obertonian nationalists, detonated a dirty bomb in the Imperial War Museum Square of the Faethalrian capital which killed 25 people and contaminated the area with fissile material. Schumacher was arrested when he was found unconscious on a bus suffering from acute radiation syndrome, after which it was found that he was associated with Southern Auroran Front (SAF), a continentally recognised terrorist organization. Following an investigation by the Auroran Security Agency, it was discovered that the bomb had been created using material from the 2017 Nuremkastel nuclear meltdown during the Auroran-Pacific War. A UNAC military taskforce, with the approval of the Kostoro-Obertonian government, entered Kostoro-Obertonian territory with a view to finding and destroying the SAF. The Kostoro-Obertonian Nationalist Party subsequently overthrew then-President of Kostoria-Obertonia Karl Strasser. This prompted a full invasion of that country led by Faethalria, whereby the Nationalists were overthrown, the SAF was captured and disbanded, and a provisional government was established. Following a referendum, Kostoria-Obertonia was annexed by Faethalria. This was the first military intervention supported by the UNAC.
Occupation of Baykalia
Principal legal instruments
An Act is the principal legal instrument and is defined as an instrument that represents the legislative will of the United Nations of the Auroran Continent. An Act is binding where stated in this Charter and in treaties.
The following actions are binding only by Act:
- The admission of new member states (in accordance with Article C).
- The admission of observer states who are defined as states which have the right to send a resident observer to speak at meetings of the Council.
- The appointment and dismissal of the President of the Auroran Commission.
- The appointment and dismissal of the Auroran Commission.
- The appointment and dismissal of the Auroran Electoral Commission.
- The approval of the annual budget.
- The dismissal of a Member of Parliament.
Passage of acts
Security Acts and Extraordinary Acts are passed by the Council of the UNAC alone. Please see the section on Security Powers of the Council of the UNAC for more information. Otherwise acts are passed as follows:
- The President must and shall call a meeting to present the proposed Act to the Council.
- If the act is passed at least by a 50% plus one vote of all the representatives, it shall be sent to the Auroran Parliament.
- If the Auroran Parliament passes the proposal by a quorum defined in provision 32 d Article D Section 2, the Act shall be passed. A valid vote shall only be declared if a vote held according to the above quorum is met.
- If the Auroran Parliament does not pass the Act by a valid vote, the proposal for the Act shall be returned to the Council.
- If the Council passes the proposal by 66% of the member states, the proposal shall become an Act.
Council of the UNAC
The Council of the UNAC is the upper house of the legislature of the UNAC and exists to provide equal representation to member states. It is seated in Aura, Emberwood Coast for most of the year with some sessions and administrative functions held in Sani Bursil, Great Morstaybishlia.
The Council shall have sole jurisdiction over matters of security. It shall have the power to pass Security Acts. These carry the weight of Acts and must be passed by a 75% vote of the member states of the Council and are binding on the following:
- The suspension of a member.
- The enforcement of a no fly zone.
- The enforcement of a blockade.
- The declaration of emergency by which the Council shall have the power to pass Temporary Acts which are full Acts.
They have the power to pass Extraordinary Acts:
- An Extraordinary Act is defined as an Act which falls outside the procedure for, but carries the weight of, an Act.
- An Extraordinary Act may be passed by a unanimous vote of the member states of the Council of the UNAC.
- An Extraordinary Act is binding on the following:
- The dissolution of the Auroran Parliament.
- The dismissal of the Court of Justice.
- The expulsion of a member.
Composition and appointment
According to the UNAC Charter:
- The Council shall be made up of one representative of each member state.
- The legislature of each member state shall elect one representative.
- Each representative shall have one vote.
- Each representative shall directly receive their instructions from the government of their respective member state.
- The representative may be dismissed by the legislature of their country at any time.
- The representative must meet the following criteria:
- They must be a citizen of the country that they have been appointed to represent.
- They must not be a fugitive of the law or a prisoner by the law.
- They must be of sound mind.
- They must be above the age of 25 years.
|Fischan Rhye||Great Morstaybishlia|
|Kothalria (termination pending)|
|Luka Lerishvili||Nilovia (Non-voting)|
|The Esteemed Iparema Huinga||The Oan Isles|
|Vothetria (termination pending)|
Leadership and administration
The President of the Council of the UNAC presides over and convene the Council meetings including at the behest of a member. The President must and shall call a meeting to present the proposed Act to the Council. If the act is passed at least by a 50% plus one vote of all the representatives, it shall be sent to the Auroran Parliament. Their tenure is as follows:
- The position of President shall rotate among the member states every year beginning on January 20 and ending on January 19 midday.
- The President shall be elected by the legislature of that member state.
- They may not be a representative already.
- They must be neutral and unbiased.
- They do not have to be a citizen of that member state that has the right to appoint them.
- They shall receive no instruction other than the instruction of a majority plus one of the whole Council.
The Auroran Parliament is the lower house of the legislature of the UNAC. It exists to provide proportional representation to the people of the UNAC. It is seated in Aura, Emberwood Coast for most of the year with some sessions and administrative functions held in Sani Bursil, Great Morstaybishlia.
The Auroran Parliament's has the power to pass resolutions, debating legislation and political issues, approving acts of the UNAC, and receiving reports from Commission members. A resolution of the Auroran Parliament is defined as a non-binding recommendation or opinion. A resolution is passed as follows:
- A resolution may be proposed by any member of the Auroran Parliament before a sitting.
- Their proposal must be seconded by another member of the Parliament.
- The Speaker shall proceed to call a vote.
- The resolution must be passed by a 50% plus one vote of a quorum constituted as 66% of the Members of the Auroran Parliament.
Election and composition
The Auroran Parliament is elected as follows:
- The Auroran Parliament shall form the lower house of legislative branch of the United Nations of the Auroran Continent.
- The Auroran Parliament is elected by those who satisfy the following criteria:
- They must be citizens of a member nation of the United Nations of the Aurora Continent.
- They must be above the age of majority of the country in which they vote.
- They must be of sound mind.
- They must be a registered resident of their country of citizenship.
- They must be not be in prison for a crime or a fugitive from the law.
- The Auroran Parliament is comprised of 700 seats.
- Each seat is filled by one Member of the Auroran Parliament.
- Each seat is allocated to an electoral district.
- Each electoral district is drawn to have a roughly equal population to all the others.
- The voters of each electoral district shall elect a political party or independent candidate to represent them.
- In the case of a political party, it shall appoint an individual to act as a Member of the Auroran Parliament on behalf of the electoral district.
The Auroran Electoral Commission oversees the election process as follows:
- A political party must be registered with the Auroran Electoral Commission.
- A political party with more than 5,000 members shall have the right to receive funding of 10 million Kiribs from the AEC.
- The requirements by which political parties are to be registered is determined by the AEC.
- The AEC shall have the right to revoke the licence of a political party if it no longer meets the criteria set out.
- The AEC is governed by a Council of Commissioners.
- Each member state shall have one Commissioner.
- The Commissioner is elected by the legislature of that member state.
- The Commissioner must meet all the requirements to be a member of the Auroran Parliament. They may not have an allegiance to any political party.
- The Auroran Parliament shall meet in sessions lasting from February to July and from September to December.
Members of the Auroran Parliament have the following rights and obligations and are subjected to the following terms:
- A Member of the Auroran Parliament is immune from subpoena or prosecution for work conducted in relation to their duties as a Member of the Auroran Parliament.
- A Member of the Auroran Parliament shall assume office by an oath administered by a representative of the Court of Justice of the UNAC.
- A request to impeach a Member of the Auroran Parliament may be brought before the Council of the UNAC.
- The Council of the UNAC shall have the power to suspend the member and waive their immunity from prosecution and subpoena. It shall leave the seat vacant or appoint a temporary Member of the Auroran Parliament to fill the vacant seat. The Council may terminate the suspension and restore the Member of Parliament to their seat.
- The Member is informed of the charge against them and is given 10 days to prepare a case and question witnesses by oral or written report to the Council prior to it enacting provision 12.
- A Member may be removed for gross crimes against the United Nations by trial before the Court of Justice only if Provisions 12 and 13 have been satisfied.
- A Member of the Auroran Parliament must satisfy the following criteria prior to their assumption of office:
- They must be a registered resident of the electoral district that they have been elected to represent.
- They must be above the age of 25.
- They must be able to read and write in an official language of the UNAC.
- They must be a citizen of the member state where their electoral district is located.
- They must not be a prisoner or a fugitive of the law.
- They must be of sound mind.
- They must be a member of the political party that elects them if they are NOT an independent candidate.
Leadership and administration
The Speaker is the presiding officer Auroran Parliament and is elected by a simple majority of 376 votes. If this threshold is not met in the first round of votes, the highest scoring two candidates will proceed to a second round, whereat the candidate to receive the highest score is appointed Speaker of the Auroran Parliament. The incumbent Speaker of the Auroran Parliament is Elia Hughes from Oscrelia.
The Speaker has the following powers and duties:
- The Speaker of the Auroran Parliament shall preside over a sitting of the Auroran Parliament.
- The Speaker shall not vote. Someone else is elected from his electoral district to fill his place in line with this Charter.
- The Speaker shall only vote to break a tie.
- The Speaker shall enforce the Standing Orders of the Auroran Parliament.
- The Auroran Parliament shall pass Standing Orders by which it shall direct procedure and grant privileges.
- The Speaker may summon an emergency session of the Auroran Parliament.
Representation by country
|Country||Number of seats||Percentage of seats (%)|
|Kothalria (termination pending)||22||2.93%|
|North Ethalrian Confederacy||~40 (pending termination of Kothalria and Vothetria)||~5.33%|
|The Oan Isles||16||2.13%|
|Vothetria (termination pending)||28||3.73%|
Representation by party
|Political party||Logo||Number of Seats||Percentage of seats (%)||Leader||Chief Whip||Ideology|
|Auroran Socialist Democratic Party||235||31.33%||?||?||Center-left socialist democrats|
|Auroran Liberal Party||127||16.93%||?||?||Center-right neoliberal capitalists|
|Auroran Conservative Party||?||157||20.93%||?||?||Social conservatives|
|Auroran Green Party||72||9.60%||?||?||Environmentalists|
|Auroran Independence Party||?||25||3.33%||?||?||Populist nationalist anti-integrationists|
|MEASA Coalition||?||7||0.93%||Zurab Ivanidze||Talia Mikhalishvili||Salovian Pan-Nationalism|
The Commission of the UNAC comprises the executive branch of the UNAC. It is seated in Aura, Emberwood Coast for most of the year with some sessions and administrative functions held in Sani Bursil, Great Morstaybishlia.
President of the UNAC Commission
- The President of the Commission shall be appointed by the Council of the UNAC with the approval of the Auroran Parliament.
- The President must meet all the criteria by which he can be a member of the Auroran Parliament.
- The President shall not be a member of the Auroran Parliament unless they have resigned.
- The President shall have the power to summon and preside over meetings of the Commission.
The president has the following powers:
- The President presides over meetings of the Commission.
- The President supervises and coordinates the work of the Commission.
- The President shall not have the right to create portfolios of their own accord.
- The President is the only member of the Commission with the right to propose an act for the creation or modification of portfolios.
- The President shall present an oral report at the beginning of each session of the Parliament summarising the past year and discussing their plans for the next.
The Commission shall be comprised of no less than 10 and no more than 30 Commissioners. There is a special office called the Commissioner of Finance who prepares and presents the annual budget and whose powers shall be augmented by legislation. Functions and appointment of Commissioners shall be as follows:
- Each Commissioner shall oversee a portfolio as determined by a law of the AP and Council of the UNAC.
- Each Commissioner shall be appointed by the President of the Commission with the consent of the Council of the UNAC.
- A Commissioner must meet the requirements to be a member of the Auroran Parliament.
- A Commissioner shall not be a Member of the Auroran Parliament unless they have resigned.
- An impeached member shall not have the right to return as a Commissioner nor the President.
- They are entitled to use the
|Lara Tarasovna||Tuvaltastan||President of the UNAC Commission||Chairperson of the Commission and Chief Executive of the UNAC|
|Polly Newman||Axdel||Commissioner of Foreign Relations||Oversees policy pertaining to UNAC interests abroad|
|Veronique da Sangello||Blueacia||Commissioner for Health and Wellness||Oversees the management of and coordination between healthcare systems of UNAC members. |
Head of the Auroran Medical Agency (See Subsidiary Organizations)
|Glynis Eiluned||Dragonia||Commissioner for Education, Culture, and Youth||Oversees the education of UNAC members, promotes Auroran cultures and the ideals of Auroran unity|
|Trent Gomez||Durentria||Commissioner for Security and Crisis Management||Oversees security policy and heads the Auroran Security Agency|
|Emberwood Coast||Commissioner for Social Rights and Equality||Responsible for ensuring the rights of Aurorans are upheld, and investigates any disparities in representation|
|Zoe Staedtler||Faethalria||Commissioner of Agriculture||Responsible for promoting and protecting Auroran agricultural interests|
|Peter Marley||Great Morstaybishlia||Commission of Development and Infrastructure||Oversees the development of Auroran systems and infrastructure|
|Kothalria (termination pending)||Commissioner for Conservation||Oversees the management and conservation of land and natural resources|
|Ahera Oka||Oan Isles||Commissioner for Finance||Oversees all financial and monetary matters pertaining to the UNAC|
|Oscrelia||Commissioner for Transportation||Responsible for the promotion and development of UNAC transportation systems and services|
|Sarentria||Commissioner for Regional Policy and Cohesion||Responsible for resolving inter-state policy conflicts and developing closer cohesion between member states|
|Rorik Borishvili||Tivot||Commissioner for Commerce and Competition||Responsible for promoting Auroran businesses and industries and their interests, as well as promoting competition|
|Valerica||Commissioner for Internal Affairs||Ovesees policy pertaining to UNAC internal interests|
|Vothetria (termination pending)||Commissioner for Energy, Science, and Technology||Oversees energy use and promotes the shift from non-renewable to renewable energy sources UNAC-wide. Also head of ASTRA.|
|Lawrence Ericson||Xiopothos||Commissioner of Audits and Anti-Fraud||Responsible for investigating and auditing UNAC institutions for any signs of fraud or misuse of UNAC resources|
|Yor Isles||Commissioner of Labor||Oversees and enforces laws pertaining to the workplace, unions, and business-person conflicts|
Auroran Court of Justice
The Auroran Court of Justice (ACJ) is the highest judicial organ of the UNAC. The ACJ is seated in Andel, the capital city of Axdel.
Composition and appointment
The Court is appointed as follows:
- The Court of Justice shall serve for 10 year terms.
- Each member nation shall have the right to appoint one judge.
- Each judge must have been a qualified legal representative or adviser according to the laws of the member nation that they have been elected by.
- All decisions shall be made a 66% vote of all judges.
- The judges shall be full-time employees of the UNAC.
- Their salaries shall be protected.
- They shall swear an Oath to assume office by which they swear to uphold, to defend and enforce the law without any partiality or fear.
Judges have the following privileges:
- They shall have the right to bear swords as symbols of their right to enforce the law.
- They shall be protected from subpoena or prosecution for work done in the exercise of their duties.
Powers and duties
The Court has the following powers and duties:
- The Court shall rely, in order of supremacy, the Charter of the UNAC, treaties where applicable, Acts and resolutions of the Council and Parliament using precedents.
- It shall have the right to infer on the legal opinions of other courts.
- It shall have the right to try employees of the UNAC for the derogation of the Acts, internal policies and procedures of the UNAC, but must refer cases where domestic national laws have been broken, to the jurisdiction in which the law was broken.
- It shall have the right to order the Council to initiate processes of impeachment/dismissal of Members of Parliament, Commissioners of the Auroran and Auroran Electoral Commission.
- It shall have the right to request that the Council to dismiss the Prosecutor.
- It shall have the right to arbitrate disputes between member states arising from the use of air space, extraction of resources, exchange of information, enforcement of copyright, maritime rights, the detention of and rights pertaining to citizens within the Acts and treaties of UNAC and other matters as are legally conferred upon the Court to arbitrate.
- It shall have the right to issue a legal opinion on any matter over which it does not have the right to judge or arbitrate.
- It shall have the right to try war crimes and crimes against humanity.
- It has the right to issue a warrant of arrest for convicted perpetrators of the law and who show contempt of the court and issue a summons for all whom immunity is not granted by the Acts and treaties of the Union.
- It shall have the right to order the investigation of the work of any body working for, with or within the UNAC and to order the Prosecutor to lay charges before it or to order the judicial authorities of member states to investigate these matters where the jurisdiction lies with the member states.
- It shall observe the subsidiarity of the law, by which the Charter must be interpreted and applied through the Acts unless the Acts can be proven to go against the Charter.
- It shall have the power to strike down Acts that go against the Charter.
- The Court shall have the power to interpret and apply the law.
- Its interpretation is binding on all courts of the UNAC including domestic courts where the Court of Justice has sole or senior jurisdiction of the matter concerned.
Procedures and litigation
The process for bringing and having a case tried are as follows:
- A complainant shall have the right to present a complaint to the Office of the Court Sheriff.
- The Court Sheriff shall be appointed by the Court of Justice at its discretion.
- The Court Sheriff shall determine if the complaint is admissible by the law and present it before the Court of Justice.
- The bench of the Court of Justice shall invite the complainant to submit a written report of their charge(s).
- The Court shall inform the complainee of the charges against them and invite them to make a submission of written material to the Court.
- The Court shall determine if there must be a written or oral trial and summon the complainant and complainee where there must be a oral trial.
- The litigants shall have the right to call witnesses and examine them.
- The litigants shall have the right to examine the witnesses called by the opposition.
- The litigants shall have the right to submit evidence.
- The Court shall draft and pass by majority Standing Orders to determine to procedure for the processing and admission of evidence and examination of witnesses.
Additionally, decisions of the ACJ trial bench can be appealed to the appellate bench. The appellate bench of the ACJ listens to appeals from litigants who are unsatisfied with the way the trial bench arrived at its decision. It does not retry the case. It looks at where there were substantive and/or procedural errors in the decision of the trial bench in arriving at its decision. It may then overturn the remedies and sanctions of the trial bench or impose entirely new sanctions and remedies.
The list of judges is as follows:
|Maria Ioana Doscampos||Andorinhões|
|The Esteemed Cristalina Coronada||Blueacia|
|Ian McCain||Great Morstaybishlia|
|Kristine Felton||Kothalria (termination pending)|
|Grand Royal Justice Leinart Todua||K'undzeti|
|Grand Justice Iakob Nazhidze||Nolova|
|North Ethalrian Confederacy|
|The Esteemed Pounamu Waitangi||Oan Isles|
|The Honourable Bradley Powell||Oscrelia|
|Right Honourable Orev Taliashvili||Tivot|
|Grand Justice Anna Gherishvili||Tuvaltastan|
|Anna Schmidt||Vothetria (termination pending)|
|Harry von Norstad||Xiopothos|
Rights of members
The Charter of the UNAC stipulates that member states have the following rights:
- All nations shall have the right to freely use their airspace, territorial waters and lands respected and protected from invasion.
- All nations shall have the right to the free use of international waters.
- All nations shall have the right to enact laws in line with the will of their people.
- All people shall have the right to self determination.
- All people shall have the right to practice their cultural and religious beliefs.
- All nations shall have the right to enter into alliances and raise armies and navies for their defence.
Conditions of membership and admission
The Charter of the UNAC places the following conditions on member states:
- Candidate must have its capital city on the Auroran continental shelf
- Candidate must have a peaceful governing body in control of 95% of its claimed territory
- Candidate must have cooperative, if not peaceful relations with all UNAC members
- A simple majority vote in the Auroran Council is needed to admit qualified candidates into the UNAC
- Members may be suspended with a 50% plus one vote
- Members may be expelled with a two-thirds majority vote
- All Conventions and Resolutions agreed to by the members become binding on all new members upon accession
- Any member may secede from the UNAC, but all obligations to the UNAC are binding until the cede date, with a 3-4 year window to remove all connections to the UNAC after which the Council of the UNAC has the power to sever ties as it sees fit.
- The Council of the UNAC shall have the power to issue a waiver of the above provision by ⅔ majority vote.
List of members
|Country||Joining date||Membership status||Notes|
|Andorinhões||October 2021||Active||Newest member as of 5 October 2021|
|Asilica||June 2021||Active||June 2021|
|Axdel||Founder (June 2018)||Active|
|Blueacia||Founder (June 2018)||Active|
|Dragonia||Founder (June 2018)||Active|
|Durentria||Founder (June 2018)||Active||Succeeded the Republic of Ethalria|
|Emberwood Coast||Founder (June 2018)||Active|
|Faethalria||Founder (June 2018)||Active||Absorbed Kostoria-Obertonia in|
|Great Morstaybishlia||Founder (June 2018)||Active|
|Kothalria||Founder (June 2018)||Terminated (Sept. 2019)||Termination upon creation of North Ethalrian Confederacy|
|Kostoria-Obertonia||Founder (June 2018)||Terminated||Nation dissolved September 2019; absorbed into Faethalria|
|Kostromastan||Founder (June 2018)||Terminated||Nation dissolved (Membership Succeeded by Nolova)|
|Nilovia||September 2018||Observer||Membership pending peaceful resolution of the Nilovian Civil War|
|Nolova||September 2018||Active||2018 Summit in January, Official Declaration of Independence in September 2018|
|North Ethalrian Confederacy||September 2019||Terminated (Oct. 2021)||Succeeded Vothetria and Kothalria upon its creation. Membership terminated upon the establishment of the North Ethalrian Republic.|
|Oan Isles||Founder (June 2018)||Active|
|Oceansend||Founder (June 2018)||Active|
|Oscrelia||Founder (June 2018)||Active|
|Peregrinia (Observer)||April 2019||Observer||Only nation to have applied exclusively for Observership|
|Sarentria||Founder (June 2018)||Active||Succeeded the Republic of Ethalria's ACA membership|
|Thalria||Founder (June 2018)||Terminated (Sept. 2019)||Failed to meet democratic requirements|
|Tivot||Founder (June 2018)||Active|
|Tuvaltastan||Founder (June 2018)||Active||Annexed parts of Kostromastan|
|Vothetria||Founder (June 2018)||Terminated (Sept. 2019)||Termination upon creation of North Ethalrian Confederacy|
|Yor Isles||Founder (June 2018)||Active|
|North Ethalria||October 2021||Active|
The UNAC oversees and administers subsidiary organizations that fall within the remit of its umbrella as follows:
|Auroran Central Bank||President of the ACB Edith Dohaer||Tarov, Tivot||Administer and develop monetary policy, control the supply, availability and convertibility of the Kirib currency, advise governments on fiscal and trade policy, collect and dispense economic data, and facilitate continental payment systems.||Independent of the UNAC|
|Auroran Monetary Fund||President of the AMF, Locklyn Le Roy||Tokapa, Oan Isles (AMF)
Culoria, Oscrelia (ASFS)
Baecca, Valerica (AIF)
|Provide governments with low cost manageable finance for infrastructure development and preventing sovereign debt defaults, enforce debt repayments, and advise governments on managing their finances and economies.||Run by shareholders, but accountable to the UNAC|
|Auroran Security Agency||Commissioner for Security Trent Gomez||Oceansend||Facilitating communication between the intelligence, law enforcement and military organizations of the member states of the UNAC, the coordination of and cooperation on cross border operations, the sharing of expertise, knowledge and intelligence by voluntary participation of the member nations, the enforcement of an arrest warrant issued by the Auroran Court of Justice and the protection of the assets and buildings of the UNAC.|
|Auroran Medical Agency||Commissioner for Health Veronique de Sangello||Labia Cue, Blueacia||Provides advice on health care policy, supports nations on the implementation of health care initiatives, conducts research on medical or health matters, and coordinates international health initiatives.|
|Auroran Science and Technology Research Agency||Commissioner for Science and Technology||Ribenstadt, Faethalria||Conducts scientific and technological research, coordinates national research and development initiatives, advises governments of member states and the UNAC on scientific and technology policy and planning, monitors the state of science and technology throughout the UNAC, and develops scientific and technological researh best practices and standards.|
|Oan||Nga Iwi Whakakotahi o te Whenua o Orora||IWWO|
|Salovian||აურორის კონტინენტის გაერთიანებული ერების ორგანიზაცია (Auroris K’ont’inent’is Gaertianebuli Erebis Organizatsia)||AKGEO|
|Ethalrian||Vereinte Nationen des Kontinents Aurora||VNKA|
|Staynish||United Nations of the Auroran Continent||UNAC|
|Maribillese||Naciones Unidas del continente aurorano||NUCA|
|Blueacian||Feriene Naasjes fan it Auroraanske kontinint||FNAK|
Final Draft of the Charter of the United Nations of the Auroran Continent. 2018. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wcRU2KnwddzDnl1wH9lQt78DoxvZQhhP4qgZH-K2gIc/edit?usp=sharing
UNAC Statistics Spreadsheet. 2017 to present. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jyQZW8hrlLlwNxKTW_1aWpeFsdFh6QSvy9-YPo_boIM/edit?usp=sharing
- Le Roy, Locklyn. 2017. Official Communication of the Oan Isles to Tivot: Request to leave the ACA and join the AU. https://forum.theeastpacific.com/embassy-of-the-republic-of-tivot-t14635-s15.html#p186174
- Trikolovich, Ivan. 2017. Announcement of the Republic of Tivot on leaving the ACA. https://forum.theeastpacific.com/embassy-of-the-republic-of-tivot-t14635-s15.html#p186382
- Petrovavich, Alyona. 2017. Announcement of the Democratic States of Tuvaltastan on leaving the ACA. https://forum.theeastpacific.com/embassy-of-tuvaltastan-t14576-s30.html#p186383
- Manuākeketi, Adam. 2017. Oan Isles decides to leave the ACA. https://forum.theeastpacific.com/oan-news-t3208-s45.html#p186389
- Rahua, Tipene. 2017. Conference on the Auroran Union. https://forum.theeastpacific.com/auroran-union-t3513.html#p186617
- Eknol, Trimola. 2017. Nomination of Lara Tarasovna to the Secretary-General of the AU. https://forum.theeastpacific.com/auroran-union-t3513.html#p186625
- Delegacy of Blueacia. 2017. Nomination of Pearson Lagonus to the Secretary-General of the AU. https://forum.theeastpacific.com/auroran-union-t3513.html#p186695
- Lilliano, Aecha. 2017. Secession of Axdel from the ACA and Nomination of Lancer Valentine Jolva. https://forum.theeastpacific.com/auroran-union-t3513.html#p186700
- Rodionovich, Yakovsky. 2017. Nomination of Ivakina Frosya Savelievna. https://forum.theeastpacific.com/auroran-union-t3513.html#p186664
- Grand Duke of Dragonia. 2017. Announcement of the Result of the Laird's Council vote on membership or observer status to the UNAC. https://forum.theeastpacific.com/auroran-union-t3513.html#p186730
- Poole, Nimona. 2017. Invitation to the International Conference on Demilitarisation and Disarmament. https://forum.theeastpacific.com/in-defense-of-peace-t3553.html#p189509
- Le Roy, Locklyn. 2017. Official Communication of the Realm of the Oan Isles. https://forum.theeastpacific.com/in-defense-of-peace-t3553.html#p189556
- Truden, Naomi. 2017. Official Communique of the Kingdom of Kutherburg. https://forum.theeastpacific.com/in-defense-of-peace-t3553.html#p189517
- Stevenson, James. 2017. Official Communique of the Kingdom of Tretrid. https://forum.theeastpacific.com/in-defense-of-peace-t3553.html#p189521
- Hunter, Robert. 2017. Official Communique of the United Confederation of Concordian States. https://forum.theeastpacific.com/in-defense-of-peace-t3553.html#p189521
- Honicker, Erick. 2017. Official Communique of the Cerdani Democratic Republic. https://forum.theeastpacific.com/in-defense-of-peace-t3553-s15.html#p189557
- Tarasovna, Lara. 2017. Address calling for the establishment of the United Nations of the Auroran Continent. https://forum.theeastpacific.com/mending-wounds-t3626.html#p190621
- Le Roy, Locklyn. 2017. Official White Paper of the Oan Isles on the Stance to the Reunification and Peace of the Auroran Continent. https://forum.theeastpacific.com/mending-wounds-t3626.html#p190268
- Marama, Arana. 2021. Official Communication of the Oan Isles: Appointment of Commissioner and Councillor. https://forum.theeastpacific.com/unac-embassy-t14638.html#p241364
- Official UNAC Communique. 2021. Announcement of the Ascension of Andorinhões to the UNAC. LINK TBA.
- Official UNAC Communique. 2021. Announcement of the Ascension of Asilica to the UNAC. https://forum.theeastpacific.com/unac-embassy-t14638-s15.html#p247291.
- Rorikton Paper. 2019. Newsreel prompting the forced takeover of the Ameliadotter administration by Lenski Sarinn in the Thalrian Communist Revolution. https://forum.theeastpacific.com/ethalria-will-never-rise-again-t15938-s30.html#p216597