|This page (or section) is a work in progress by its author(s) and should not be considered final.
Crown Domain of Transnalpia
ᚷᛇᚾᛞᚪᚾᛒᛇᚱᚻᛚᚪᚾᛞᛖᛋ ᚳᚱᚩᚾᛖ ᚱᛁᚳᛖ (Tretridian)
Geondanbeorhlandes Crōne Rīce
Dominio della Corona d'Transnalpia (Norvian)
Location of Transnalpia
and largest city
|Unitary parliamentary constitutional monarchy
• Prime Minister
|Independence from Tretrid
• Celanoran territory
• Tretridian province
|28,225 km2 (10,898 sq mi)
|26/km2 (67.3/sq mi)
• Per capita
|Tretridian Pound (TRP)
Transnalpia (Tretridian: ᚷᛇᚾᛞᚪᚾᛒᛇᚱᚻᛚᚪᚾᛞ, Geondanbeorhland), officially known as the Crown Domain of Transnalpia, is sovereign country located northwest of Tretrid, north of Celanora, and east of Arlavia.
The land that would become Transnalpia has been inhabited by people since antiquity, with Norvian goods from the West Novaran coast dating back to pre-Celanor times. The land would sit on the northwest frontier of the Celanor Empire, where its geography allowed it to be used as a chokepoint against possible incursions to the north. It would remain part of Celanora, though it was sparsely populated and mainly held for its geographical value.
Transnalpia was ceded by Celanora to Tretrid as the result of the Volscine-Celanoran War in the 1840s, giving Tretrid naval access to northern Novaris that bypassed Lapinumbian naval power in the Atlantian. While it was originally organized as a Tretridian dominion that was autonomous from the government in Cynebury, with the construction of the Transnalpian Tunnel through the Nalpian mountains, Transnalpia soon became connected enough to Tretrid that the Witenagemot voted to absorb Transnalpia into Tretrid as a province. Transnalpia remained as an integral part of Tretrid until it was declared an independent country in 1927 by King Ælfric II due to a combination of Transnalpian self-determination movements and political turmoil in Tretrid.