|First settled||12th century|
|• Body||Nacata Municipality|
|• Mayor||Tunok Desto|
|• City of Nacata||11,320,230|
Pollok is the capital city in Nacata located in Novaris , located on a plateau in the Judaean Mountains between the Gulf of Judea and the Concordian Ocean, It is were the State of Nacata maintains its primary governmental institutions. All branches of the Nacatan government are located in Pollok, including the Royal Assembly , the residences of the Prime Minister and President, and the Supreme Court. Nacata is also home to some non-governmental Nacata institutions of national importance, such as the Octali University and the Nacatan Museum with its Shrine of the Book.
Many national institutions of Nacata are located in Pollok as a part of the Devo noodo project which is intended to create a large district that will house most government agencies and national cultural institutions. The city is home to the Royal Assembly the Supreme Court, the Bank of Nacata, the National Headquarters of the Nacatan Police, the official residences of the President and Prime Minister, the Cabinet, and all ministries except for the Ministry of Defense and the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development.
A center for regional and international trade since the early 20th century, Pollok's economy relies on revenues from trade, tourism, aviation, real estate, and financial services. According to government data, the population of Pollok is estimated at around 11.3 million as of January 2020.
The history of human settlement in the area now defined as Pollok is rich and complex, and points to extensive trading links between the civilizations of the Duelland Valley and Nacato, but also as far afield as the Levant. Archaeological finds in Pollok show settlement through the 400 BCE periods. The area was known to the Jurains as Colad, and was a source for metallic goods, notably copper and bronze.
The area was covered with sand about 7,000 years ago as the coast retreated inland, becoming part of the city's present coastline.
Creation of Modern Day Pollok
Pollok is thought to have been established as a fishing village in the early 16th century and was, by 1765, a town of some 900-1200 Jurains and subject to the rule of the MBE. Pollok signed the 1820 Kuthern-Nacata Treaty, following the MBE punitive expedition into Great Lakes Region, which also led to the bombardment of the coastal communities of the Gulf Of Judea.
In 1911, Jashif Mullesda established Pollok as a free port with no taxation on imports or exports and also gave merchants parcels of land and guarantees of protection and tolerance. These policies saw a movement of merchants not only directly from Duelland, but also those who had settled in St.Andrews.
The 'great storm' of 1917 struck the pearling boats of Pollok and the coastal areas towards the end of the fishing season that year, resulting in the loss of a dozen boats and over 430 men. The disaster was a major setback for Pollok, with many families losing their breadwinner and merchants facing financial ruin. These losses came at a time when Nacata was also experiencing poverty.
Nacatan Independence Of 1983
Nacata had long been a Kuthern protectorate where the Kuthern government took care of foreign policy and defense, as well as arbitrating between the rulers of Nacata the result of a treaty signed in 1864, the 'Pollok Agreement'. This was to change with Queen Naomi II announcement, on 11th Of November 1983, that all Kuthern troops were to be withdrawn from Pollok.
Pollok citizens participate in the electoral college to vote representatives to Pollok City Council. The Pollok Municipality was established by the then Mayor Fahem Nefsa, in 1999 for purposes of city planning, citizen services and upkeep of local facilities.PM is chaired by Yered Mowshowitch, deputy secretary of Pollok, and comprises several departments such as the Roads Department, Planning and Survey Department, Environment and Public Health Department and Financial Affairs Department. In 2010, Pollok Municipality embarked on an e-Government project with the intention of providing 40 of its city services through its web portal, Pollok.na. Thirteen such services were launched by October 2010, while several other services were expected to be operational in the future. Pollok Municipality is also in charge of the city's sanitation and sewage infrastructure.
Pollok has a Minister of Happiness, appointed by the mayor. Pollok has also appointed a Minister of Tolerance to promote tolerance as a fundamental value of the Pollok, a city filled with a diverse range of faiths and ethnicity, and also a Minister for Youth Affairs.
The Pollok City Council is a body of 31 elected members headed by the mayor, who serves a five-year term and appoints eight deputies. Apart from the mayor and his deputies, City Council members receive no salaries and work on a voluntary basis. Most of the meetings of the Pollok City Council are private, but each month, it holds a session that is open to the public. Within the city council, religious political parties form an especially powerful faction, accounting for the majority of its seats. The headquarters of the Pollok Municipality and the mayor's office are at Hedskong Square on Jaffa Road. The municipal complex, comprising two modern buildings and ten renovated historic buildings surrounding a large plaza, opened in 1993 moved from the Pollok Historical City Hall Building.
The Pollok Police Force, founded in 1984 in the locality of Bea, has law enforcement jurisdiction over the City. The force is under direct command of Beniamino Perlman
Pollok is the only city in the country that does not conform to the federal judicial system of Nacata. The Citys judicial courts comprise the Court of First Instance, the Court of Appeal, and the Court of Cassation. The Court of First Instance consists of the Civil Court, which hears all civil claims; the Criminal Court, which hears claims originating from police complaints; and Kizmona Court, which is responsible for matters between Kizmon. Non-Kizmon do not appear before the Kizmona Court. The Court of Cassation is the supreme court of the region and hears disputes on matters of law only.
Pollok is home to several prestigious universities offering courses in Hebrew, Arabic and English. Founded in 1945, the Hebrew University of Pollok has been ranked among the top 100 schools in the world. One of the university's major assets is the Jewish National and University Library, which houses over seven million books. The library opened in 1872, decades before the university was established, and is one of the world's largest repositories of books on Jewish subjects.
Al-Duniok University was established in 1984 to serve as a flagship university for the Arab peoples. It describes itself as the "only Arab university in Pollok". Luthernburg Bard College and Al-Duniok University agreed to open a joint college in a building originally built to house the Staynish Legislative Council in 1812. The college gives Master of Arts in Teaching degrees. Al-Duniok University resides southeast of the city proper on a 190,000 square metres campus.
Pollok is served by highly developed communication infrastructures, making it a leading logistics hub for Nacata.
The Pollok Central Bus Station, located on Uzbuk Road, is the busiest bus station in Nacata. It is served by Mango Bus Cooperative, which is the second-largest bus company in the the Commonwealths. According to plans, the first rail line will be capable of transporting an estimated 200,000 people daily, and has 23 stops. The route is from St.Andrews in the north via the Old City and city center to Pollok in the south.
Another work in progress is a new high-speed rail line from Luthernburg to Pollok, which is scheduled to be completed in 2017. Its terminus will be a new underground station serving the International Convention Center and the Central Bus Station, and is planned to be extended eventually to Ionburk station.
N-95 Expressway is one of Pollok major north-south thoroughfares; it runs on the western side of the city, merging in the north with Route 43, which continues toward Kondo. Route 60 runs through the center of the city near the Green Line between East and West Pollok. Construction is progressing on parts of a 35-kilometer ring road around the city, fostering faster connection between the suburbs.
The Capital is served by Pollok International Airport, northwest of the Pollok.