Four Year Infrastructure Investment Initiative
The Four Year Infrastructure Investment Initiative is a program by the government of the Oan Isles to invest 20 billion KRB over a four-year period (2021 to 2025) to build infrastructure connecting the Oan Isles and the Morstaybishlian West Pacific Territories. The government of Great Morstaybishlia contributed additional funding of 7 billion KRB to the scheme.
On 5 February 2021, Prime Minister of the Oan Isles, Maui Uye-Ahua sent an official proposal for the project to Prime Minister of Great Morstaybishlia Franklin Barvata outlining the proposed details of the project. On 14 February 2021, in the Speech from the Throne, Rangitanga-a-te-Moana Oahoanu announced the deal to the public. On 19 February 2021, the "lucrative deal" as described by MBC was debated by the Parliament of Great Morstaybishlia. Cabinet ministers Samminel Doros and Riannar Karmer endorsed the deal. On 28 February 2021, Franklin Barvata announced that the Parliament of Great Morstaybishlia approved the deal and that they would provide additional funding to the program.
- The Southern Antilles-Oan Transport Links: rail and road links via bridges and tunnels will be constructed to link Southern Antillian Islands to the Oan Islands of Koroimotu, Maungamotu and Tokamotu.
- The West Pacific Telecommunications Cable System: Undersea Fibre optic cables connecting the Oan home Islands to all 12 MWPT regions to increase internet speed.
- The Koroimotu Hydroelectric Project: On the Southern Antillian Island of Koroimotu which forms the Oan Isles only land border with the MWPT and subsequently Great Morstaybishlia, system of medium-scale hydroelectric dams is to be constructed. The power generated here will connect to the rest of the MWPT and the Oan Isles via undersea cables. MBE will extend the cables to Caltharus.
- Bridges and roads are to be constructed funded by Great Morstaybishlia connecting all the above projects.
10 billion KRB would be directly funded by the Oan taxpayer through the Treasury of the Oan Isles. 10 billion dollars would be funded directly by the Oan Industrial and Commercial Bank (OICB) which includes funds provided by Cafe Net and Metatron Corporation specifically for internet access. 7 billion KRB would be funded by the Morstaybishlian tax paper through His Majesty's Treasury as well as a consortium of private companies from Great Morstaybishlia consisting of Zapna, Kaylo Construction, Salifa, and Morstaybishlian Cable Inc.
- Zapna is the largest engineering and steel conglomerate credited with the production of over 12% of bridges and elevated highways in Valeria in the past 100 years. It will construct roads and bridges.
- Kaylo Construction is another development and construction firm that will construct roads and bridges.
- Salifa is an electric generation and power utility company that will assist with providing electricity generation and transmission infrastructure.
- Morstaybishlian Cable will lay the cable to Caltharus.
- Cafe Net will develop the software to coordinate and manage the entire project as well as the interconnected systems of the entire program.
- Metatron will develop all the integrated circuits required for bespoke computer systems.
Terms and conditions
60% of the labour and materials will originate from the Morstaybishlian West Pacific Territories. The projects from conceptualisation to construction aim to be economically and environmentally sustainable.
MBC described the deal as "lucrative". Minister of Foreign Affairs Arana Marama stated: "The most recent major investment was from the Oan Isles investing in MWPT. Surely, this demonstrates that the Oan Isles values and is committed to its relationship with Great Morstaybishlia". Imani Lucim claimed that the program was part of an effort by the state to offshore excess revenues from the oil industry to prevent inflation in the Oan Isles and to prevent a housing crisis in the Oan Isles. In light of the instability in Morstaybishlian Overseas Territories such as the 2021 Joralesian riots, Lucim claim it also hoped to use economic prosperity to prevent a geopolitical threat from a potential MWPT independence in the Oan Isles doorstep. According to Iparahimu He: "Political and economic analysts have predicted that this is an aim to consolidate UNAC unity and strengthen Morstaybishlia's declining global image. To what end, it is unclear."
- Uye-Ahua, Maui. 2021. Official Communication from the Oan Isles: Four Year Infrastructure Investment Initiative. Office of the Prime Minister of the Oan Isles. https://forum.theeastpacific.com/great-morstaybishlia-embassy-page-t14647-s135.html#p241700
- Oan News. 2021. Opening of the National Assembly. https://forum.theeastpacific.com/oan-news-t3208-s90.html#p242208
- MBC. 2021. MORST WEST PACIFIC FOUR YEAR INFRASTRUCTURE INITIATIVE ENTERS DEBATE IN PARLIAMENT. https://forum.theeastpacific.com/mbc-t3205-s120.html#p242580
- Barvata, Franklin. 2021. OFFICIAL TRANSMISSION FROM GREAT MORSTAYBISHLIA. Office of the Prime Minister of Great Morstaybishlia . https://forum.theeastpacific.com/great-morstaybishlia-embassy-page-t14647-s135.html#p243553
- Marama, Arana. 2021. Official Communication of the Oan Isles Response to the article titled "Secret Government Document Leaks" dated 19 February 2021. Oan News. https://forum.theeastpacific.com/oan-news-t3208-s90.html#p242702
- Lucim, Imani. 2021. WHY DID THE OAN ISLES INVEST 20 BILLION KRB IN MWPT? HOW DINOSAUR JUICE IS GETTING US IN TROUBLE. https://forum.theeastpacific.com/oan-news-t3208-s105.html#p245314
- He, Iparahimu. 2021. THE OAN ISLES PLANS MAJOR INVESTMENTS FOR WEST POLYNESIA. Oan News. https://forum.theeastpacific.com/oan-news-t3208-s90.html#p241719