From TEPwiki, Urth's Encyclopedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Morstaybishlian Overseas Territory of Dalmaghar

Flag of Dalmaghar
Flag of Dalmaghar
Motto: "Hail to Dalmaghar"
Anthem: "Glorious King"
Map showing Gondwana (south)
Local map showing towns and villages
and largest city
Official languagesStaynish
Ethnic groups
80% Human

11% Vulpine
5% Lupine

4% other
• High-King
Lambertus VII
Henry Walsiger
LegislatureNational assembly
• Total
250 km2 (97 sq mi)
• 2020 estimate
• 2018 census
• Density
350.47/km2 (907.7/sq mi)
CurrencyKirib ()
Date formatDD/MM/YYYY
Driving sidethe left
ISO 3166 codeDAL
Internet TLD.dal

Dalmaghar (in full, the Islands of Dalmaghar) is a Morstaybishlian overseas territory in the North Concordian Ocean. It is approximately 210 km (124 mi) north-east of Meremaa. Though it is typically referred to in the singular, Dalmaghar consists of 51 islands; the largest of these islands is known as Main Island and Lanis Island, the second biggest island which is approximately 3 km across shares a land border with Norgsveldet. The capital of Dalmaghar is Riberoe. Great Morstaybishlia retains responsibility for defence and foreign relations. As of May 2020, it has a population of 90,443. It is 250.9km² in size.

Dalmaghar was taken over by the emerging Morstaybishlian Empire from the Norgsveltian Empire in the late 1760s. It was used as a central hub for its strategic location and immunity to invasion. It has remained a pivot point for the MBE after the Great War for exerting somewhat of a fraction of its remnant influence within the area. After the Auroran Imperial War, Morstaybishlia and Norgsveldet forged a military treaty which gives Norgsveldet access to Glasgore Garrison in return for four months of training on Mount Kessna's ridge a year. Norgsveldet remains a naval presence as a deterrent for any invasion. The RAFOTE also holds a large army presence of approximately 4,100.

Dalmaghar has a stately home and royal residence called Ginnerbury House that is used on occasion by the Morstaybishlian Crown and other royal houses.


The term Dalmaghar is believed to be a misinterpretation from a Norgsveltian who called it Dalamegeir, which is named after the sailor Megeir who lived in the valley. The Norgsveltian word for valley is "Dalen" and it is believed the word Dalamegeir came from dalen av Megeir (Valley of Megeir).


The Dalmaghar Academy has its Riberoe Base, a primary campus. Secondary pupils from surrounding islands board at the Riberoe main campus, staying there on weekdays and coming back and forth to their home islands on weekends whilst Main Island towns and village pupils are able to travel home on coach transport. The same story applies for students at the sixth-form college.

Glasgore Joint Military Base

Glasgore naval base in Dalmaghar

Established in 1937 to replace Gantisby Naval Base, Glasgore Joint Military Base (GJMB) has military facilities for all branches of the RAFOTE; the army holds a 3,700 strong garrison, the navy holds Glasgore naval base- a repair and replenishment spot which can accommodate four medium-sized vessels at any one moment, and an air force base that holds a detachment of 16 A-121 Rooks, 3 aerial refueling vehicles and 3 4-engine turboprop military transport aircraft.

GJMB also has joint service units from Kuthernburg and Nacata.


Lanis Island is Dalmaghar's second biggest island. Overall the island is approximately 3 kilometers across; the left side of the island is under Morstaybishlian jurisdiction as Lanis and the right is Jarlsheimen, a Norgsveltian Overseas Territory. Within Lanis there are two settlements in addition to a number of scattered farms and cottages. Lanisbury, which has a population of 1,340 in 2020 is considered a town from a royal charter in 1890; and Fegistry, a village with a population of 511.

Heathlands make up a wold that separates Lanis with Jarlsheimen, it's average elevation is 150 meters and its peak is 207 meters above sea level. One river, the River Garrow flows from the wold heathlands to the sea. It's approximately 760 meters long and its mouth is about 7 meters wide. Lanisbury has Lanis Harbour and is made up of a primarily residential area with a minor injuries unit, a police station and a shopping center. Lanis has a ferry services that runs to and from Riberoe and Fort Virtan.

Map of Lanis Island

In the mid 18th century Dalmaghar had been seized from the Norgsveltian Empire and Morstaybishlia sought to seize the remaining island outposts surrounding Main Island. In 1773, two Morstaybishlian ships engaged a small Norgsveltian ship, a battery and two dozen soldiers and took control of the island. Under threat from a revenge invasion, Morstaybishlia built on their seized battery on Heimsan Cape by upgrading it. The same year they built another on East Point, the easternmost rocky outcroppings and established a barracks in their new Lanisbury settlement. For helping them in the Great War, Morstaybishlia gave the north-eastern part of the island which is more ethnically Norgsveltian back to Norgsveldet alongside Eyjaria. Today this island is the smallest island in the world to feature a divide and forms the only land border between Great Morstaybishlia and Norgsveldet.

Ernst daymark

The easternmost of the island has no permanent settlement and is open heathlands. On the small Ernst Cape at Fegis Cove there is a large red and white daymark, erected in 1789 by Ghenner Ernst. It is a rendered granite circular tower 4.8 metres (16 ft) in diameter and 6.4 metres (21 ft) high, set back to conical termination making it 11 metres (36 ft) high. It was painted white until 1838 but by 1845 had been painted red, and is now painted in bands of red and white. Despite its modernity, the daymark, alongside some prehistoric cairns, is a Scheduled Ancient Monument.

There is one road connecting the Morstaybishlian half with the Norgsveltian half. Normal border checkpoints on both sides are in place. A joint governmental building is situated over the border and in modern times is where representatives from both country meets to resolve conflict of interests or other matters. Today, the island is completely demilitarised in the pursuit of peace.

Lanis has three churches: In Lanisbury it has a Thaerist and Ulvriktru temple and in Fegistry a small Thaerist temple. St Eves in Lanisbury dates back to 1791. Dalmaghar held a series of surveys in Lanis in 2010, 76% of people are ethnically mixed Morstaybishlian and Dalmakhan, 20% are Norgsveltian and the other 4% are Zalian (Meremaa).