|This page (or section) is a work in progress by its author(s) and should not be considered final.|
The United Highlands of Libertanny
Motto: "Unity in Difference"
Anthem: "Highlanders Melody"
|Location||Location of Libertanny (dark green)|
and largest city
|Official languages||Calth (82%)|
|Regional Languages||Wachovian (68%) |
Old Leòmh (12%)
|Ethnic groups |
|Highlander (68%) |
|Albreht II O'Leòmhann |
• Head Councilor
|Tara Mac Carthaigh |
|Legislature||Council of Hamish|
• First Calth Settlement
• Establishment of Port de Solais
• Unification of The Coast
• Secession from Caltharus and establishment of Duchy of Leòmhann
• Establishment of the Great Duchy of Highlands
• Fragmentation Period
• Unification of Three Kingdoms
• Proclamation of United Highlands of Libertanny
|615,550 km2 (237,670 sq mi)|
• 2020 estimate
|10,722/km2 (27,769.9/sq mi)|
|GDP (nominal)||2020 estimate|
• Per capita
|ISO 3166 code||LBR|
The United Highlands of Libertanny, commonly known as Libertanny and colloquially the Highlands is a Highlander Monarchy (which is a specific, Libertannian form of government) in North-West of Gondwana. Libertanny neighbours to Bourun and Ivlya to the South-West, Ayaupia to North-East and Zukchiva to East.
Altough the official language in Libertanny is Calth, Libertannians use dialectical (using Highlanders' Dialect of Calth) names for cities and provinces. The capital city is Hamishbourghe - the very first Calth Settlement within Libertannian lands, which until 1504 was known as Port de Solais (Calth: Porzh e Sklaer, Staynish: Port of Light). By the same time, Hamishbourghe is the biggest city of Libertanny (counting 5,34m citizens) and main trade centre. Other major cities are: Gwerde-Kêhr (Calth: Gwer Kêr, Staynish: Green Settlement), Leònnesbourghe (Calth: Leon Kêr, Staynish: Lion's City), Suu Poente (Calth: Su Poent, Staynish: Southern Point), Ruzh Poente (Calth: Ruz Poent, Staynish: Red Point).
The current sovereign of the nation is King Albreht II O'Leòmhann. In Libertanny, despite what House the heir apparent is from, during coronation; the heir will inherit the hereditary title and House name of O'Leòmhann - which belonged to the first Duke of the Duchy of Leòmhann. The representative leader of Council of Hamish, called Head Councilor, is Tara Mac Carthaigh. Head Councilor is chosen and appointed from all of the Councilors by the King. Both Head Councilor and King hold the right veto any bill or resolution.
Etymology and terminology
500 BC to 300 BC
300 BC to 300
Early Middle Ages (before Calth)
300 to 975
The very beginning of formation of the state is dated around 975 AD, when Hamish O'Leòmhann, a traveller from Caltharus, came with his family and company to North-West area of Libertanny. Although he came to undiscovered lands seeking asyleum and peace, his attitude allowed him to easily assimilate to new environment and find a way to communicate with natives - Lowlanders. Soon after that, in 981, the very first settlement became what was known for the next 523 years as Port de Solais. Seeing it as a chance, Hamish proclaimed a Trade Company under Calth Banner in Port of Light. Soon after that, his attutide has changed. He became opposed to the very control from Caltharus. His happiness in finding both peace and wealth didn't last long. Being unable to communicate and find any form of agreement with Caltharus, and believing in benefit of both citizens of Port of Light and Clans of Lowlanders, he called the first meeting of leaders of Lowlanders' Clans and himself, as the representative of Port de Solais. This very event was known as the First Council of Hamish. Surprisingly, by 1004 his influence within the Coast was strong enough to persuade Clans to unify under one banner, which resulted in Unification of The Coast.
High Middle Ages
Five years later, in 1009, The Coast has seceded from Caltharus. Hamish O'Leòmhann was elected the sovereign of state and proclaimed the Duchy of Leòmhann. As by 1012 Hamish was already 62 years old, Clans have elected his son, Hamish II O'Leòmhann as the next sovereign. Having learned diplomatic, but also military skills from his father, Hamish II decided to go deeper into the land, facing Highlands and people of different culture on his way. The higher the lands were becoming, the more unfriendly people his expedition met. As much as at the beginning diplomatic and trade agreements worked, with reaching "The Southern Point", Lowlanders led by Hamish II had to take their swords out of scabbards. Lowlander armies having better equipment managed to conquer majority of southern lands. However, Hamish II, knowing that opression never works, decided to call meeting of Lowlander and Highlander Clans in The Southern Point. During the Second Council of Hamish, humiliated and conquered Highlanders were granted equal rights and Clans' leaders were granted seats in the Council. With Anno Domini 1040, Hamish, being 50 years old, decided to launch the Second Southern Expedition, which managed to conquer even more of the southern lands. In 1048, descending from the throne, Hamish II proclaimed the Great Duchy of Highlands. For the next 149 years, Highlands experienced constant development and internal peace. However, in 1197, with sudden death of Duchees Joyce I O'Leòmhann, things have changed. Highlands, having three heirs to the throne, have fallen into civil war. Different Clans supported different heirs to the throne. The civil war ended in signature of Act of Highlands (in 1200) by all Clans and formation of three independent states, starting an era known as Fragmentation Period.
Late Middle Ages
For almost 180 years that were to come, Duchies were competing and fighting one another, causing a blodshed and losing the status of important trade region. In 1379 a nobleman, known as Connor of Lion's Heart, has began a general rebellion within all of the Three Kingdoms. With help from volunteers and mercenaries from different regions of Urth, by 1387 the Rebel Faction was in control of most of lands of former Great Duchy of Highlands. In 1389, having received support of most of Clans, Connor of Lion's Heart has re-united Highlands and Lowlands. In 1390 he was coronated the King of Kingdom of Highlands. Clans, believing that he upholded ideas of Hamish I, allowed him to inherit the royal surname of O'Leòmhann, therefore starting the tradition of inheriting the Royal Surname, that lasts until today. Connor I O'Leòmhann has become the first King of Kingdom of Highlands.
In 1490 the Interregnum Period has begun. With 1504 Connor III O'Leòmhann, being elected the King, has proposed the Acts of Unity, which: moved capital to Port de Solais, whilst renaming it into Hamishbourghe; officially formed the legislative body of Council of Hamish; changed form of inheritance of the Highlanders' Throne and proclaimed United Highlands of Libertanny with its own unique form of government, which survived for the next 516 years.
The official and most popular religion within Libertanny is Balañsoùeism (the Religion of Balance). Libertannian religion comes from Vatoral, religion of Ayaupian people. It came to Highlands through Northern part of the country, due to common communication and relations between Highlander and Ayaupian Clans / Tribes. The main difference happens to be understanding of form of balance, whilst Vatoral is based in balance of elements, Balañsoùeism is about balance of three spheres of life, namely Mental (Emotional) Sphere, Physical (Material) Sphere and Spiritual Sphere.
Balañsoùeism doesn't differ any form of gods, however, it does differ spirutual beings. It is based on Respont (Calth word for reaction, a synonym of respont is karma), Adarre (Calth word for repeat, a synonym of adarre is reincarnation) and Identelezh (equality) of all beings (plants, animals, intelligent species and spirutual beings). There is two form of spiritual beings in balañsoùeism: Krapat Salm Bezañ (Ascended Spiritual Being) - a being that went through whole cycle of reincarnation and achieved balance of all spheres, through Isolation or Realism, they are main objects of cult of Hentoù e Difuadur (Path of Isolation) and Hentoù e Gwir (Path of Realism); and Truezus Salm Bezañ (Compassionate Spiritual Being) - a being, that went through whole cycle of reincarnation and achieved balance of all spheres, through compassion, they are main objects of cult of Hentoù e Karantez (Path of Compassion).
Balañsoùeism is split into Tri Hentoù e Balañsoù (Three Paths of Balance).
- Hentoù e Difuadur - the Path of Isolation, also known as Hee-Difuadurism. It believes, that intelligent beings can achieve balance of life through isolation and trying to find out the perfect recipe for the mentioned balance of three spheres. Main objects of this Path are Krapat Salm Bezañ (Ascended Spiritual Beings), that are believed to have achieved Balañsoù (Balance) through either realist or isolated life. As the name says, followers of this Path are generally less friendly and more isolated and narrow-minded than followers of other Paths. Any forms of religious extremism are mostly popular within Path of Isolation. It is mostly popular within South-East Libertanny.
- Hentoù e Gwir - the Path of Realism, also known as Hee-Gwirism. It believes, that intelligent beings can achieve balance of life through realism, that is understood as not setting any forms of restrictions or isolation and trying to make a perfect life by simply living one's life. This Path is unlikely to seek any specific "meaning of life", besides living it and finding the perfect balance. Main objects of this Path are Krapat Salm Bezañ (Ascended Spiritual Beings), that are believed to have achieved Balañsoù (Balance) through either realist or isolated life. Followers of these Path, is what can be called "simply, normal people". There is no exact adjective to call that community, as it differs a lot. Religious extremism is very rare in this case. This Path is mostly popular within coastal / Lowlander Libertanny.
- Hentoù e Karantez - the Path of Compassion, also known as Hee-Karantezism. It believes, that intelligent beings can achieve balance of life through compassionate life. Followers believe, that through compassion, you can achieve perfect balance, as it heals your mental sphere, allows you to keep material balance (to be 'full' and give what's above being full to others) and find your real nature of Soul (spiritual sphere). This Path can be restricting in terms of material life, since the youngest years, followers are taught to share and don't focus on unnecessary material goods. Main objects of this Path are Truezus Salm Bezañ (Compassionate Spiritual Being), that are believed to have achieved Balañsoù (Balance) through ecompassionate life. Followers of this Path are mostly open-minded, friendly and welcoming people. Religious extremism is unpopular, however, if there is one, it negatively impacts mostly the unit, that is an extremist. It is mostly popular within central Libertanny (Low Highlands).
- Design of Lions, Shield and Celtic Ornament inside of Shield is coming from Freepik.com
- Pictures are coming from either Unsplash, Pixabay or Pexels
ignore this, idk how I made this but im not deleting it, cos its cool and im gonna use that thingy later