Albrecht Aircraft Manufacturer
|This page (or section) is a work in progress by its author(s) and should not be considered final.|
|Industry||Aerospace Engineering, Aircraft Manufacturing|
|Founded||5th March 1943|
|Founder||Alfred Albrecht, Willi Albrecht|
|Headquarters||Verdenburg, Democratic Republic of Osterlicsh|
Number of locations
|Walter Fiddlere (Chairman)|
Number of employees
Albrecht Aircraft Manufacturer (AAM; Ethalrian: Albrecht Flugzeughersteller, AF), formerly known as Albrecht-Luftfahrt, is an aerospace engineering and aircraft manufacturing company founded on the 5th March 1943 in Colonial Territories of Osterlicsh. The founders Alfred Albrecht, an aircraft engineer, and Willi Albrecht, Alfred's brother and businessman. Since June 1983, the company has been under state control and has largely been the sole supplier to the People's Air Force (Volksluftwaffe). In more recent developments with the foundation of the Urthian Worker's Internationale there has been talk of the company opening up to members of the UWI.
From the turn of the millennia, Albrecht Aircraft Manufacturer has been closely involved with the research and development capabilities of the People's Air Force and Department for Defence (Verteidigungsministerium). In addition, the company has developed specialist equipment for the construction of the World Worker's Canal project, including depth and submarine object detection.
History[edit | edit source | hide | hide all]
Foundation and Development (1943-1966)[edit | edit source | hide]
At the time of its founding, Albrecht-Luftfahrt was supported by the government of the Grand Matriarchy of Ethalria in an attempt to secure their position in Colonial Osterlicsh. The foreign power initially offered a significant, but undisclosed, amount of funding as well as technical and logistical support. In a gesture of goodwill, the licenses to all products developed prior to the 1954 federalisation of the Colonial Osterlicsh were offered free of charge to the Matriarchy, provided they weren't sold in competition.
With the support of the Matriarchy, the Albrecht brothers experienced a sustained period of growth leading into the 1950s. However, with the release of the three colonies making up modern-Osterlicsh, the company moved to dismantle its relationship with Ethalria. With an fifteen year history of supported activity, Albrecht-Luftfahrt cut its ties with the Grand Matriarchy of Ethalria and changed its name to Albrecht Flugzeughersteller. The Osterlicshian Federal Republic was first to invest in the company, making it its sole producer of aircraft for government and military applications. During this period, the Albrecht brothers sold to fifteen other countries and saw the largest sustained period of growth in any corporation registered in the Osterlicshian Federal Republic.
As the process of Ethalrification began in the 1960s, by which the Federal government attempted to better relations with the Ethalrian Matriarchy, government support for the company was slowly withdrawn. Although their specialism in military aircraft continued to support the Federal Republic's air force, support for commercial sector products wained.
Expanding Military Applications (1967-1982)[edit | edit source | hide]
During Alfred Albrecht's career with his company, his focus had been on the development of commercial airliners. As a result, the company had built a department of experts to develop their military products. With Alfred's passing, Willi Albrecht, who's expertise was limited to business, made the decision to drop the development of all new commercial products in 1967. Although still manufacturing existing products and developing military transport aircraft, the company has not developed a single new commercial product since.
While the company experienced some damages as a result of the change in business model, the over-expenditure on armed forced development by the Osterlicshian Federal Republic resulted in steady business. Changes in the political landscape of Urth in the 1970s, most notably the Auroran Imperial War saw an increase in both domestic and international orders. While a vast majority of orders sourced were in reaction to ongoing conflicts, the company supplied Ethalria itself.
(( More information to come, including what was supplied to Ethalria ))
Collectivisation of Company (1983-1989)[edit | edit source | hide]
Incorporation into New Osterlicsh (1990-Present)[edit | edit source | hide]
Products[edit | edit source | hide]
The company has produced a range of fixed-wing and rotary-wing aircraft across more than three quarters of a century. Initially, production was fairly balanced between commercial aircraft and military aircraft. However, in the late 1960s, product development shifted entirely towards military applications. Recent activity suggests that the company is working on maritime detection and interception products, but very little is known about other research and development.
Naming Convention[edit | edit source | hide]
Initially, the naming of products were based on model names. The designer of the aircraft gave models a name out of choice. Prefixing this name would be the "Albrecht" name, and prefixed by model variant letters and numbers. There was little to no system to the naming of products, which made keeping track of the prototype aircraft model variants difficult.
Following the re-branding of the company to Albrecht Flugzeughersteller, all products were given more logical names. All products were prefixed with "AF-" to make clear the products belonged to the newer company. This was followed with a letter code to denote the type of aircraft. These codes are listed in the table below. These codes are followed by a model number and an incrementing letter to denote model variation.
|GRB||Ground Reconnaissance and Bombing|
|LP||Light Passenger Aircraft|
|R||Reconnaissance and ISTAR|
Locations[edit | edit source | hide]
Albrecht Field, at the site of the company's founding on the outskirts of Verdenburg, is the host of the largest manufacturing facilities. At this location the largest of aircraft are produced, along with the various administrative and sales functions. The research and the production of aircraft has been somewhat evenly distributed across a number of locations for the purpose of ensuring resilience.
- Administrative and Research Sites
- Albrecht Field
- Ansdorf Office
- Schwarzstahlstadt Office
- Production Sites
- Albrecht Field, Verdenburg
- Alfred Field, Mauheim
- Willi Field, Landenbruck
- Mutte Albrecht Field, Ansdorf