The Republic of Tawuse
Motto: In the cold comes unity.
Geographical Location of Tawuse
The major cities of Tawuse
|Location||Southernmost nation in Arcturia.|
|Official languages||Tawusian |
Gratultan (Axdelian Creole)
|Recognised regional languages||Delsgade|
|Ethnic groups||85.1% Human |
|The National Risolveré of Tawuse|
|The National Congress of Tawuse|
The Republic of Tawuse, commonly referred to as Tawuse is the Southernmost nation in Arcturia, bordering Vivancantadia to the north. Consisting mainly of fjords and glacial valleys, major population centres such as its capital Altomaré are located near the coast. Tawusian territory is comprised of the southern tip of Arcturia accompanied by the island of Paradis off the western coast. Tawusian elections can be seen elsewhere.
Provinces and administrative territories of Tawuse
Tawuse consists of five provinces and one administrative territory. Listing in descending order in terms of population:
• Centro: Contains the largest city and capitol, Altomaré. Highest population with many port towns dotting the coast. Naval facilities exploit the calm conditions within the Paradis strait. Centro has a trade-based economy with urbanisation pushing what little agriculture the cold climate could support to the northern provinces.
• Gratulto: Formerly the Duchy of Gratulto, the youngest province was incorporated into the union after a period of Tawusian expansion following the decolonisation of the area. The province maintains the largest agricultural economy within the union and is considered the breadbasket of Tawuse.
• Copesca: Mainly rural and mountainous, prosperous fishing communities dot the coast. Before environmental protection laws outlawed the practice, whaling and sealing brought wealth to the area.
• Antiforre: Considered the spiritual capital of Tawuse, Antiforre contains many of the ancient boreal forests revered in traditional Tawusian spiritualism. Sustainable forestry is the main industry in this area although the heartland contains vast sources of mineral wealth.
• Viverra: Named after its large population of vivans, a group of people native to Vivancantadia, the area was incorporated into the union after annexation of the region following the decolonisation of the area by Kormistazm.
• The administrative territory of Paradis: Despite its location close to Centro, Paradis was largely unsettled for hundreds of years. Vastly different to mainland Tawuse, it hosts a single city on the coast of the Strait of Paradis named Tenerre. A network of hamlets and small towns dot the mountains with a sizeable lupine population. Due to clashes between island natives and Tawusian settlers, settlement of the island was shelved. However, large coal and precious metal deposits are prompting the revival of previous settlement plans.
Provinces elect representatives to the National Congress and Risolveré. Although governmental sectors such as education and health are centralised, devolved powers include the ability to designate funding for infrastructure and internal management of subsidies.
The administrative territory of Paradis was not given the title of province mainly due to the lack of development within the island. Left mainly untouched, lupine villagers are governed under the authority of Centro due to the province being closest to the island. Paradis have the ability to elect representatives to represent Paradisian concerns within both the National Congress and Risolveré. One representative for the island in the Risolveré and a three representatives being leaders of the three lupine tribes to represent tribal matters in the congress.
|Poptyping disaster||1934, April 04|
Located in the far south of Arcturia, Tawuse's climate is frigid and unforgiving. Due to this, agricultural efforts have been largely unsuccessful with the exception of the more northern reaches of the country. Dry year round, cold winters are followed by mild summers. Summer sees slightly more precipitation.
|Climate data for Altomaré, Tawuse|
|Record high °C (°F)||29.5
|Average high °C (°F)||14.5
|Average low °C (°F)||4.5
|Record low °C (°F)||−2.0
|Average precipitation mm (inches)||49.5
|Average snowy days (≥ >0.1 cm)||0.3||0.1||2||2||5||8||7||9||7||5||3||1||49.4|
|[<span title="Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'strict' not found.">citation needed]|