|Official Documentation of The East Pacific.|
The current roleplay staff:
- Roleplay Captain Dylan
- Cartographer Captain Ember
- Cartographer Asendavia, AsmodeanUnderscore and Tuva.
If you have any complaints, questions, or suggestions; feel free to contact them via the forum or TEP Roleplay Hub.
Making a Claim
If you're new to TEP roleplay, or re-joining us, please follow and meet the requirements below:
- Be a citizen of the region
- OR have an approved Roleplay Multipass for non-citizens and guests
The Logistics of Your Claim and or Current Nation
If you're an existing roleplay nation looking to change national borders, annexation, colonization, and any other changes to the map that directly affect your nation and others around it, please post a reply in the Map Changes thread with the following:
- Name of new / removed territory (or territories)
- Location (post a description of the changes or an image, image preferred)
- Relevant Roleplays (please post links to roleplay threads with brief explanations)
- An In-Character reason for the expansion (Like resources, space, etc.)
Any changes that only affect your nation's canon are not required to follow the same changes guidelines.
"The cartography team will discuss a new country with the owner to best interpret their ideas, and thus will work and decide features with the applicant on a one to one basis. Geological features such as rich continents, landlocked borders, extremely large population, extremely small population, equatorial, polar, among others can contribute to the foundations of your nation and how it will appear. These attributes are loosely written and so a conversation with an experienced cartographer will be your best bet. Think realistic, a new nation the size of Russia is not going to be accepted, and nor is a new nation with a population of a few billion. Have fun and don't be afraid to ask, we're all here to help!" ~Dylan.
For any annexations or expansions, the user wishing to expand MUST either create an NPC nation specifically for expanding, or use a nation that has CTE'd (Ceased to Exist on NationStates)
Any posts that request for an increase in size of a nation will be evaluated with the criteria below:
- Size of the nation's TEP GDP (Not NS GDP)
- Size of land taken (You don't need to post this, as we will calculate this)
- Size of the nation's TEP Military (Not NS Military)
- Distance from the homeland (You don't need to post this, as we will calculate this)
- Regarding expansion role-playing: Users undergoing expansion must create a new thread dedicated to the expansion. It must be more than a few posts. It cannot occur off-site or be referenced in another thread (unless it is part of a war or treaty arrangement), or referenced in national factbooks, NSWiki, NationStates etc. Put simply, if AN EXPANSION does not occur in TEP Evolved, it is not canon.
Expansion threads must contain enough substantial material to warrant the country's expansion. The wording is purposefully vague to allow for each user to create their own expansion thread as they desire, so long as it contains enough material (since it is a role-play, a semi-formed story is the minimum threshold). Users may also rp expansions with other users, so as the requirements above are met.
Expansions will NOT be added to the map until either the conclusion of the expansion thread, or at the request of the user, so long as the expansion has enough material. The process should be that the user role-plays their expansion thread, and then posts on the map claims thread their expansion request, but, if an expansion claim is submitted before this point, the request will be postponed until the threshold has been met.
REMOVAL OF NATIONS
Once you have a nation on the map, it is your responsibility to become active in the roleplay community to keep it on the map.
"Having a place on the map comes with the responsibility to be active with that nation. Being active on TEP-Evolved just means posting in this thread: https://forum.theeastpacific.com/tep-evolved-in-character-f30/. It can be something as simple as posting a news broadcast from your country, or establishing an embassy thread, or actually engaging in one of the many role-playing threads that are available. The point is, we want to see people who make land claims actually follow through, and use these nations to contribute to the entire role-playing experience....If you claim land and the cartographers give you a nation on Urth, the cartographers expect to see you post involving your nation within a reasonable amount of time (usually within the month of making a claim). Otherwise, you will not be contributing to TEP role-play, and will no longer retain the nation on Urth." - Furnifold
For a nation to remain on the map, you must post at a minimum once every thirty days. Even if you post one message every month that simply says "I'm still here," your nation will remain. If you want your nation re-added to the map, it can be done. But your lack of activity will be noted, and if you again fail to post anything for another month, your nation will be removed once more. If this process repeats, you may lose the ability to have land on the map.