Central Arcturian Peace Treaty

From TEPwiki, Urth's Encyclopedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page (or section) is a work in progress by its author(s) and should not be considered final.
Central Arcturian Peace Treaty
Peace Treaty between Iphelklori and the Imperial powers
William Orpen – The Signing of Peace in the Hall of Mirrors, Versailles 1919, Ausschnitt.jpg
Signed11 August 1914 (1914-08-11)
LocationIphelstad City, Iphelklori
Effective11 August 1914; 108 years ago (1914-08-11)
ConditionRatification by Iphelklori and Principal Imperial powers
Original
signatories
Principal Imperial and Associated Powers

 Iphelklori
DepositariesGovernments of Iphelklori and Sokala
LanguagesStaynish, Iphelklorian, Packilvanian, Tagisla

The Central Arcturian Peace Treaty, also referred to as the Treaty of Iphelstad, was signed on 11 August 1914 between Iphelklori and the Imperial powers, formally ending hostilities. It came into general effect on 12 August 1914.

Territorial changes

This map shows all territorial changes due to the treaty. (Left: Pre-war borders, Right: Post-treat bordersy)
  • Transfer of the Chekhov, and Timakhovo provinces as well as the western half of the Sugulma province to Teapprea
  • Transfer of eastern half of the Sugulma province to Vistaraland
  • Transfer of all provinces west of the Kaluvny, Dolgogan, and Ishirzhinsk rivers to the Imperial powers.
  • Transfer of all provinces north of the Vorolsk, Ulyavir, Tamboryevsk, Ussuriyugansk, Reutity, and Gascow provinces to Karishkanov
  • Transfer of all provinces south of the Steyarsk, Samavsk, Tagashi, Norimyssk, and Shuzniki provinces to Nuesperanza
  • Transfer of held Yadylikan islands to Great Morstaybishlia

Reparations

Iphelklori was obliged to pay the following war reparations:

♅ 178,000,000 to  Karishkanov
♅ 163,000,000 to  Nuesperanza
♅ 127,000,000 to  Sokala
♅ 74,000,000 to Teapprea
♅ 72,000,000 to Great Morstaybishlia

The amounts were valued in the Morstaybishlian Kirib. The reparations were to be paid in goods and services over a twenty-year period.

Military clauses

Articles 52 and 53 called for the demolition of all permanent fortifications along the Karishian-Iphelklorian and Nuesperanzan-Iphelklorian frontier. Iphelklori was banned from possessing, building, or experimenting with guided missiles, guns with a range of over 30 km, non-contact naval mines and torpedoes as well as manned torpedoes.

The military of Iphelklori was limited in size. Iphelklori was allowed a maximum of 200 heavy and medium tanks (article 54). Former officers were barred from becoming officers or non-commissioned officers in the Iphelklorian military (article 55).

The Iphelklorian navy was reduced. Iphelklori was banned from acquiring new battleships, submarines, and aircraft carriers (article 59). The navy was limited to a maximum force of 25,000 personnel (article 60). The Iphelklorian army was limited to a size of 185,000 personnel plus 65,000 reserved forces for a maximum total of 250,000 personnel (article 61). The Iphelklorian air force was limited to 200 fighters and reconnaissance aircraft plus 150 transport, air-rescue, training and liaison aircraft and was banned from owning and operating bomber aircraft (article 64). The number of air force personnel was limited to 25,000 (article 65).